On Saturday, August 10 Waco I.S.D. (W.I.S.D.) had its 2nd Annual Family Fest. Each campus had booths welcoming and meeting families, celebrating campus programs and sharing campus goals. There were W.I.S.D. department booths sharing program information as well as information booths from outside W.I.S.D. providing anything from dental screenings to H-E-B coupons.
The goal of this year’s Family Fest was to build positive family relationships, inform families in order to prepare them for school, and focus on W.I.S.D. parent involvement: one voice, one vision. The results?
- 61% of those attending the event were WISD families, building relationships with their district.
- 2,400 children attended with each child taking home a book
- 1,600 adults (including volunteers) attended
- 336 people received dental screenings
- 330 people had their vision screened
- 130 adults were screened for diabetes/cholesterol
- 25 speech screenings were provided