Under a beautiful October sky, Brook Avenue Elementary, the Dewey Community Center and Brook Oak Neighborhood Association celebrated National Night Out 2015 on the school grounds. Thanks to the many community organizations that pitched in to help with the event, there was something for everyone to do, making the event an affair for the entire family to enjoy. The evening included free food, free vision screenings provided by the Lion’s Club, tours of fire engines and police cars, jumping houses, a disc jockey with dance music. The focus of National Night Out is to help communities join together to learn about public safety awareness and community resources so that each citizen can help make their community a safer place to live.
The Waco Trib posted:
Prosper Waco involvement also has boosted the annual National Night Out event, Molly Young, chair of Prosper Waco’s family engagement work group, said. The Dewey Center [currently under construction] normally hosted about 15 local booths and attracted between 200 and 500 people. But Young said that because of the synergy among the family engagement members, there will be more than 30 organizations at the event.
Thanks to the many participating agencies and organizations who helped with the event, donating time, skills, services or food:
- Prosper Waco
- Waco ISD Early Childhood Education
- Waco ISD Police Dept.
- Salvation Army-Booth Apts.
- Communities in Schools
- Waco ISD Restorative Discipline
- REACH Therapeutic Riding Center
- CCS Texas Workforce
- Caritas of Waco
- Nurse Family Partnership
- Klaras Center for Families
- Barron's Branch Apartments
- Heart of Texas Autism Network
- Waco Community Development Corporation
- City of Waco Solid Waste
- Mission Waco
- Family Health Care Dental
- Seniors Complete Insurance
- Waco-McLennan County Health Dept.
- City of Waco Parks and Recreation
- Parents Against Crime Coalition
- Waco Disproportionality Advisory Committee
- Fusion Dental
- Lions Club Vision Testing
- Methodist Children's' Home Family Outreach
- McLennan County Juvenile Probation
- Heritage House Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Waco ISD Community Development