The district was awarded $395,781.00 from the U.S. Department of Education for the third year of the Waco Counseling Project. This funding will continue to expand WISD’s capacity to provide counseling programs and services to approximately 2,500 students at some of the district’s most economically-disadvantaged elementary schools.
Program outcomes include:
- Improving academic performance
- Improving social and behavioral skill
- Increasing use of healthy behaviors
- Increasing teachers’ knowledge of mental health issues
- Creating a lasting infrastructure for mental health and student support services
Campuses served through this project: Brook Avenue Elementary, Crestview Elementary, J.H. Hines Elementary, South Waco Elementary, and West Avenue Elementary.