Sodexo hosted the 8th Annual 2016 Kid’s Culinary Competition in the cafeteria at University High School in Waco. The theme of this year’s event was “Future Chefs.” The students were challenged to create, prepare, and present a health-conscious dish. Each participant had assistance from a staff member of the local Sodexo culinary team, or one of their own district culinary experts. All students did a fantastic job of preparing and presenting their culinary creations. “To commemorate the event, the young chefs received a gift bag, a framed certificate, a cap, an apron, a T-shirt, and a collection of the finalists' winning recipes. They also received congratulations and encouragement from their parents, friends, the chefs that assisted each one, Waco ISD Superintendent Dr. Bonnie Cain, numerous school staff members and the judges.
Grand Prize winners received awards for the best health-conscious creations. The winners for each category were:
- Simple, kid-friendly preparation – Jordyn Diserens – Gatesville ISD
- Fun kid-food – Chelsea Cole – Robinson ISD
- Judge’s Choice – Angel Marie O’Neal - Robinson ISD
- Rising Start – Lillie Dean – Lake Air Montessori Magnet
- Best Table Presentation – Kelsey Ann Zahirniak – Connally ISD
- Chef Choice – Camden Kelly – China Spring ISD
- Healthy Fun Food – Hannah White – Lake Air Montessori Magnet
Each grand prize winner received a huge gift basket and white chef’s coat. The Waco ISD finalists will be presented to the WACO ISD School Board at a later date.
We've got the video and photo highlights right here.