In order to assure that students in homeless situations have the opportunity to enroll in, attend, and succeed in school; the following services may be explored:
- Enrollment Assistance
- Free School Meals
- Transportation Services
- School Selection Provisions
- Access to Special Education
Enroll your child in school.
You can enroll your child even if you are missing immunization records, school records, and proof of residency.
Keep copies of critical records:
- Social Security number
- health physicals
- individualized education programs (IEPs)
- Is transportation available for my child to stay in the same school?
- Will someone help us transfer records quickly when we move?
- Is there a pre-school program?
- Should my child be tested for special education?
- Can my child receive free meals at school?
- Are school supplies available?
- Are there after-school study halls or tutoring available?
- Are special counseling services available for my child?