At times, icy weather conditions may cause Waco ISD to close school or alter the normal schedule. When such changes occur, the District will use a variety of media to keep you informed.
The following resources will be used to keep you apprised of any schedule changes:
- Waco ISD website (www.wacoisd.org)
- Automated telephone calls using SchoolMessenger (Verify that your school has correct number on record.)
- WISD-TV (available on Grande Communications and Time Warner Cable)
- Facebook ("Like" us at www.facebook.com/wacoisd)
- Twitter ("Follow" us at www.twitter.com/wisdpio)
- Television stations (KCEN-Ch.6, KWTX-Ch. 10, KWKT-Ch.44, KXXV-Ch. 25)
- Radio stations (KWTX-AM1230, KBGO-FM95.7, KWTX-FM97.5, WACO-FM99.9, KBRQ-102.5FM, KRMX-92.9FM, KBHT-104.9FM, KRZI-1660AM, KBCT-94.5FM, KWOW-104.1FM, KIXT-106.7FM, KWPW-107.9FM)
- Waco Tribune-Herald website (www.wacotrib.com)
Waco ISD has developed an administrative guideline for school closings or delays caused by inclement weather conditions. Decisions about schedule changes are made after a thorough assessment of roads and bridges by the Waco ISD Chief of Police and Executive Director who oversees student transportation.
In some cases, a decision could be made by or before 9 p.m. on the evening before a closure or a delayed opening. However, in many instances, decisions are not made until 5:45 a.m. on the day of the schedule change.
We ask for your patience and understanding during the times when these decisions have to be made. Please remember that our utmost concern is the safety of students, parents and employees.