Legislative Priorities during the 83rd Legislative Session
Posted on 02/14/2013
To help ensure the continued growth and success of the Greater Waco area and its residents, local leaders have identified the following priorities among the issues to be considered during the 83rd Legislative Session:
- Support continued funding of the Texas Equalization Grant (TEG) program;
- Support increased state funding for Texas community colleges;
- Support the Texas Workforce Commission’s Skills Development Fund;
- Support increased state funding for Texas State Technical College (TSTC) and performance-based funding models.
- Support retaining local control generally;
- Support cities’ control of dedicated rights of way;
- Support cities’ control of their water rights and protection of watersheds; and
- Oppose caps on ad valorem appraisal/collections;
- Oppose unfunded mandates on local governments whether originating in Washington, D.C. or Austin, Texas.
Download slideshow of Legislative Priorities
- Support continued funding for and increased reporting requirements for the Texas Enterprise Fund and Emerging Technology Fund to attract job creation and high growth entrepreneurial investment.